Create An Alert
When an observation which falls outside of the baseline health ranges is documented on a chart, an alert is automatically generated within the system. Alerts are generated for weight, blood pressure, and blood glucose levels.
Note: The baseline health ranges are documented on the Resident Details page. Alerts will not be generated for residents who do not have baseline health ranges entered.
View An Alert
Alerts can be accessed from the following locations:
On the Home page, under the Tasks & Alerts subheading.
- From the Residents menu, on the right hand side of the resident listing screen.
- Under the Tasks tab within Person Profile, then select the Alerts tab.
- From the Documentation menu, select View current tasks from the Handover report section, and then select the Alerts tab.
- From anywhere within the software on the task indicator above the menu toolbar, then select the Alerts tab.
Navigate to the alerts via any of the above pathways, and open the Alerts tab. Current alerts will display here. You can view the alert details, the resident’s photo, name, DOB, room number, and the date and time that the alert was documented.
View alerts in a custom date range by ticking the Show alerts in a custom date range check box and selecting a range from the drop down box.
View all dismissed alerts by ticking the Include dismissed alerts check box.
Action An Alert
Users need to be assigned permissions to view alerts, and additionally to acknowledge and dismiss alerts.
Please refer to the Manage Roles page for additional information on assigning permissions.
Clicking on the alert will display the dialog box pictured below. View the alert details here. Depending on the user’s permissions, either one, or both of the following options will be available:
- Keep this alert visible – the alert remains current and visible to other users.
- Acknowledge and dismiss this alert – prompts the user to enter the action being taken. Once the action is dismissed, users can view the details entered into the Action being taken text box.
All alerts that are acknowledged and dismissed will write a progress note for the resident. The progress note will state who acknowledged and dismissed the alert, the date and time, together with the action details.
Once the alert is dismissed, the alert indicator on the Home page and the Resident menu will no longer display the dismissed alert details or alert count.