Every so often a resident is not required to take a medication (order) any longer. It is important that you Discontinue the medication as appropriate so that the medication does not continue to appear on the Med Round.
- From the Home Screen, click Residents/Orders
- Select a resident from the list on the left
- Click the Orders tab to display all current orders
- Select the medication to be discontinued
- Click on the calendar drop down next to the End Date.
- Change the end date and time to the day and time the medication needs to be discontinued.
- You can click on the today box to automatically change the date to today’s date
- Click Save
- The medication will show with a yellow tag DC’d
Note: For any order that has a tracked inventory, this still needs to be disposed in drug disposal if applicable