The Drug Disposal area of Medication Management is used to record disposal/return of inventory for any item e.g. discontinued, dropped or spilled medication
- From the Home Screen, click Drug Disposal
- The drug disposal process is a fully witnessed activity, as such you will be prompted to complete a Witness Logon
- The witness should complete the Username + Password sections and then click OK
- From the Drug Disposal screen click on the Resident you wish to complete a Disposal for from the Resident List
- Click on the medication you wish to record disposal for from the medication list
Note: The selected medication will then be highlighted with an orange banner.
- Once a medication is selected, the bottom of the screen will become active
- Check the Disposal Date + Time
- Enter a Method
- Enter a Reason
- Enter the Quantity you wish to dispose
- Add an appropriate Comment
- Review and complete all fields
- When you are satisfied that all data is correct click Save
- The disposed medication will appear in the Disposed Meds summary at the bottom of the screen.