The Stock Check feature is used to complete an inventory check for one or more residents. You are able to sign off correct inventory levels and use the inventory and admin history to identify and amend discrepancies.
- From the Home Screen click Stock Check
- From the Advanced Stock Check window, define the parameters of the medication count you wish to complete
- Click either Controlled Meds or All Inventoried Meds
- Click either All Residents or Sample of Residents
- Click OK
- Count the items of medication in line with local policies and procedures.
- Enter the quantity of each medication into the manual count column by double clicking –
Note: Enter all quantities using a decimal point e.g. 27.0.
- Once you have counted all medications, click Reconcile
- The system will highlight in red all items where a quantity discrepancy exists.
Note: All discrepancies must be reported and investigated in line with local policies and procedures.
- You can use the Finish Later button to save and leave the stock check while you investigate - you can then resume the stock ceck later but only if you stay logged into the system
- Scenario (a) All medications reconcile without discrepancy – At the bottom of the screen you will be presented with a sign-off log – Enter your password, have a witness check the count for accuracy and then enter their username and password then click Done
- Scenario (b) Count discrepancies highlighted – Following investigation the system will allow a Quick Adjust that will correct the inventory to reflect the manual count and document the results of the investigation i.e. reason for inventory adjustment.
Note: Ensure the data is reviewed and the drop-down menus are amended accordingly. Then click OK.
- Once Quick Adjust is complete follow step 6 to complete the Stock Check