The Med Round is used to record all administrations for medications within your facility. If a Medication is not given, you can select an exception code and leave a note to explain why.
- From the home screen click Med Round and select the round time you wish to complete from the drop-down menu
- From the Resident Selection screen, click on the resident you wish to complete medicine administration for - Note: Residents with black and white photographs have either no scheduled medication due or their medication administration has been completed for this round, their medication administration screen can still be accessed for the recording of PRN items
- Review and understand the residents profile on the left of the screen – Diagnosis, Allergies, Information and Medication Orders
- Identify and prepare the medication in line with your local policies and procedures
- Once you have prepared your medication for administration, click on the medication tile to select it. A green tick will appear as confirmation
- Repeat step 5 for all scheduled and PRN items required
- After the medication has been taken or refused/withheld click Next
- From the Review/Recording Screen review all information, any exceptions are recorded using the drop-down menu at the right of the screen for each item
- Ensure all information is reviewed and required information is completed. E.g. Vital Signs, Quantities, Reasons for administration, Follow-up times etc
- Once all information has been recorded accurately, click Record All - if any information has been missed or the medication is being administered out of normal time ranges, the system will prompt for a note and will not allow you to progress
- The system will now prompt for final confirmation of the residents Med Round. If you are satisfied click OK. Once confirmed, this record can only be edited by a system administrator
- The system will now return to the Resident Selection screen
Note: If all scheduled medications have been recorded correctly, your previous resident's photo will now display in black and white.