Scheduled Tasks for Auto Booking
Now that we appreciate what it means to Book the Rota, in that all the information in the Shift and Care Plans is transferred into the Visit Schedule and Preferred Workers allocated where possible, it is time to think about the physical process of actually coming into the system and pressing the button to book.
Some users like the manual control that physically clicking the button (in Bookings > Book Visits) gives them. Other users would prefer not to have to do this each week and are happy for the system to continue to book ahead by itself.
In order to get the system to automatically book the rota, we use a system feature called Scheduled Tasks. These are processes that you can have the system perform for you at a set time. As well as booking the rota, there are also several other elements that can take advantage of this feature such as automatically running payroll, invoicing, a data export or publishing the rota to the mobile app if you use it.
- Navigate to Settings > Scheduled Tasks. A list of current Scheduled Tasks is displayed
- Click New to enter a new one. A properties box with a number of tabs will appear
- General Tab – Give the Scheduled Task a name, such as ‘Rota Booking’
- Triggers Tab – Click Add > On a Schedule. Select the date from which you would like the Scheduled Task to begin, then use the options to select how often you want it to occur.
- Actions Tab – Click Add. A number of options of what you can do on a Schedule is displayed e.g. Run Bookings. Choosing an option will bring up a small properties box about the Task you are adding. Run Booking asks you how far ahead you would like to book the rota, if you want to do this for all Groups and if you want to generate both Shifts and Visits. Complete as appropriate.
- Click OK
- The Scheduled Task will appear in the list. It will be marked as pending. After a few moments the Task will be written to the server and will be completed when the Trigger Time comes around
- Highlight a Scheduled Task and click Disable to stop it being performed
Note: In order for the Scheduled Task to be performed the server must be active when the Trigger Time is reached. Many users like to have things like the Rota Booking performed in the early hours of the night when no one is in the office. Ensure that the server is still active during this time.