Using the email feature of the system can save a lot of time attaching items to individual emails in Outlook.
Essentially, just like when you get a new mobile phone and you enter your email server details so that you get and can send emails, you tell the system what your email details are and it can send mail directly, adding reports (which includes things like Invoices, Pay Advice and Rotas) as attachments to the email automatically. You can send emails in bulk, with each person only receiving the Report/Rota/Pay Advice/Invoice that is relevant to them – they will not get them all.
- The first step is to ensure that you have entered email address information in the General Details screens of all your Workers and Clients
- Click Settings > Email Settings and enter your Email server information. Unfortunately as this is different for everyone this guide can’t really tell you what to put here. If you are a new project please feel free to speak to your consultant, or speak to the Support Team at any time, however it’s most likely your IT department will have the answers here. Alternatively, if you use a provider such as Hotmail or Gmail, if you Google ‘Hotmail SMTP Settings’ you should also be able to find the correct information
- Click to open a report, only when you set the filtering options instead of clicking ‘Preview’, the Email button should now be clickable. Click it!
- Here you are presented with a number of options. You can type in an email address to send the Report to (useful for testing or for delivering a particular report to someone). You can also click to select a number of Workers or a number of Clients (depending on who the report is relevant to). From here you can tick to the individuals to include on the mailing list or simply Select All. Only individuals with email addresses in their General Details are selected
- The body of the email can be amended if necessary. The system will automatically Mail Merge names so the ‘Dear [Name]’ part is filled in correctly for each email.
- After clicking Send the email is sent. The report appears as a PDF attachment to it. Again, each individual will only get a report relevant to them, they won’t get everyone’s.
Note: You can also set a password to further protect your emails. It means that they will not be able to be opened without typing in the password first. Passwords can be set in the General Details screens of Clients and Workers, but can also be set via Settings > Manage Passwords.