Running Pay and Invoicing
The purpose of Confirming Visits is not only as a record keeping exercise to show that they have happened. All Confirmed Visits are taken to be ready for Pay and Invoicing, meaning that the system can produce Pay Advice and Invoice reports for you to aid with you Finance process.
You’ll be glad to hear that the act of actually running Pay or Invoicing (as they are separate elements) is quite simple in itself, the trick being to ensure that all the Visits are Confirmed and that the Rates you created in earlier articles are correct.
You’ll also be glad to hear that although they are separate elements, both Pay and Invoicing work in exactly the same way with the same screen layout for both.
You can follow the below steps to help you perform a Pay or Invoicing Run. All Confirmed Visits from the date of your last run to the date you enter will be processed. If you have never performed a run before, all historical Visits will be picked up. For new projects it may be worth performing a dummy run to process old, irrelevant or training data beforehand.
- Ensure that you are satisfied that all Visits and Shifts for the pay period have been confirmed as required
- If Unconfirmed Visits in a previous run have since been Confirmed, they will be included in new run, unless confirmed with a non-pay or charge Exception
- Navigate to Pay > Payroll, a list of Workers is displayed
- Filter this screen by using the Group dropdown and Worker Active Date
- Select individuals or the entire Contract that you wish to pay. Selecting a Contract will require you to click on the blue line containing the Contract Name
- Click Pay
- Select the Date that you would like to pay up to and including. This will likely be the internal cut-off date.
- Click OK, the system alerts you to how many Pay Advices it has created and the individuals you have run pay for turn green.
- You can now select other individuals or other contracts to generate pay for if required
- If a change needs to be made to pay, e.g. a Visit is confirmed at the last minute, you can Reverse Run to undo the pay process and allow you to run it again. Once you are satisfied that no changes will be made you can Save Run
- From this screen you can Print Run to generate physical copies of Pay Advices
- To view Advices, Summaries and any Errors that occurred during the run, double click on the name of a Worker or the Contract to see the Pay Run Properties, then double click on the required document listed at the bottom of the screen
- Use the Email button in the Pay Run Properties screen to send electronic copies of Pay Advice to all workers contained in the run who have an email address
- Navigate to Pay > Pay History to view the details and documents of past runs
- Ensure that you are satisfied with the Pre Pay checks and that all Visits and Shifts for the invoicing period have been confirmed
- If Unconfirmed Visits in a previous run have since been Confirmed, they will be included in new run
- Navigate to Invoicing > Work with Invoices, a list of Contracts is displayed
- Highlight a Contract you wish to generate Invoices for and click Create Invoices
- Select the Date that you would like to Invoice up to and including. This will likely be a cut-off date dictated by the authority or individual you are dealing with
- Click OK, the system alerts you to how many Invoices it has created and the Contracts you selected turn green and are In Process.
- You can now select other Contracts to generate Invoices for
- If a change is made to Invoicing, e.g. a Visit is confirmed at the last minute, you can Reverse Run to undo the Invoicing process and allow you to run it again. Once you are satisfied that no changes will be made you can Save Run
- From this screen you can Print Run to generate physical copies of Invoices
- To view Summaries, Contributions, Reports and any Errors that occurred during the run, double click on the name of the Contract highlighted green to see the Invoice Run Properties, then double click on the desired documents listed at the bottom of the screen
- Use the Email button in the Invoice Run Properties screen to send electronic copies of the Invoices to all billable organisations and contacts in the run who have an email address
- Navigate to Invoicing > History to view the details and documents of past runs
Pay Report Glossary
Gross Pay Advice – Lists the Pay for each Worker on a separate page, contains Visit details
Gross Pay Summary – Lists all Workers on a single page, showing only totals
List Errors in Payroll – Informs you why a pay run failed
Invoicing Report Glossary
Contribution Invoice – A separate Invoice for Client contributions
Invoice Errors – Informs you why any invoice run failed
Invoice Report – Invoicing with all Visits included, split page by Client
Invoice Report – Summary report detailing only totals
Pay and Invoice Runs can fail if there is a contradiction in the rates, use the error reports to find examples of why specific Visits failed, then check the rates for those Visit types to spot any anomalies. Usually errors occur once, the mistake is highlighted and the issue solved permanently, but please contact Support if you have any ongoing concerns