Visit Schedule Explained
Visits taken from the Care Plan Planning screen are booked into the Visit Schedule screen. This is view of the rota that is easy to filer and manipulate, and one which is also used for amending, creating, allocating, confirming and cancelling Visits in you system
Although it is quite a data orientated screen (a more visual but less powerful alternative is available, see the article on the Visit Timeline and other Dashboards), the Visit Schedule allows you perform all actions you need to roster your care in one place.
Navigation of the Visit Schedule is something that all system users should be familiar with. The first thing to learn that depending on how you access the schedule it will show you different amounts of information. What is meant by this is if you access the Visit Schedule under a Worker (Worker > Visit Schedule) you will only see Visits attributed to that Worker. The same is true for Clients, if you access through them (Clients > Visit Schedule) you will only see Visits for that Client. In order to see the full picture (i.e. all Visits in the system regardless of who they belong to) you can go to Bookings > Work with Visits.
It’s also worth noting that the majority of the information listed below also applies to the Work with Shifts screen (Bookings > Work with Shifts), so you can use this information to manipulate it in the same way.
- The Visit Schedule operates from a Date Range you enter at the top of the screen. Enter the dates you wish to see Visits between and click Refresh. The label in the top right of the screen shows you how many records are displayed.
- See the properties for any Visit on the screen you may double click on it. This opens the Visit properties box, the same one you are used to seeing from the Care Plan Planning Screen
- Right Click on a Visit to see a menu of options such as Allocate, Confirm and Confirm with Exceptions. All these are discussed in individual articles, but importantly always accessed by the right click mouse button.
- Via Bookings > Work with Visits you also have an additional filter dropdown at the top of the screen, which can allow you to view things like Allocated Visits only, or Unallocated only. Filters are discussed in another article, but you can use that information here to create your own filters too
- When you hover over a column heading it is highlighted orange, you can click and hold your mouse button the drag the column heading around. You may place it elsewhere to reorder the columns in a way that suits you
- Small red arrows are displayed to highlight where you are about to place the column
- Click on the small arrows to the right hand side of each column header in to sort the information in ascending or descending order
- Drag the column headings in the light blue box (titled Drag Column Header Here To Group by That Column) to group all the information on the screen by that column header. e.g. if you drag the Worker heading up there, the screen will display all the visits for one worker snapped together, then the next worker and so forth
- You can drag several headings into this field to help define the sorting of information
- Drag column headings back into the main part of the screen (anywhere will do really!) and let go to remove the sorting
- Right Click anywhere on the screen to Save the Layout, Load a Layout previously saved or set this as Default View Layout for you
Note: If you happen to be logged into the system as a Supervisor user (such as root), anything you set in the Work with Visits screen in terms of creating filters and amending the screen layout will apply to all users as well, whereas individual user accounts can set their own separately which will not replicate to other users.