Allocation, Rostering Checks, Auto Allocate
Allocation is the act of assigning a Worker to a Visit, an incidence of care that need fulfilling. The system is designed to allocate workers based on a template, or master rota. But where those people are unavailable or where a permanent preferred worker cannot be chosen, the system can help users allocate Visits on a one by one basis.
- Right Click on a Visit and select Allocate
- A list of Workers is displayed in order of suitability to perform the Visit, based on configurable system weightings such as previous attendance, proximity and availability
- Green workers have a Shift and are available, Red workers are unavailable
- White workers are not designated as either, the system will let you create a Shift to be able to roster them if you wish
- The Workers are ranked based upon a Score displayed in the far right column. The score is based on a points based system as to who the system believes to be the most suitable person, known as Rostering Checks. This is based on a number of things such as proximity to the client, previous visits, costs, contracted hours and other things. The weighting of these elements can be amended so the system reflects the same insights as co-ordinators would. The upshot being that the most suitable worker should appear at the top of the list.
- Double Click on a Worker to add them to that Visit, it will now show on any printed or electronic rota
- Select whether you would like to Write Back to the Care Plan and have the system remember your selection for all future occurrences (for more on this see the relevant article in the Client’s section)
- Instead of Right Clicking on a Visit and selecting Allocate to bring up a list of Workers, selecting Auto Allocate can save a lot of time provided Rostering Checks. This has the system attempt the allocate the Visit to the individual at the top of the list (the highest score)
Note: It is possible to allocate multiple Visits in one go. Use the CTRL or Shift keys to select several visits at once then use the Allocate or Auto Allocate function as normal. Especially with Auto Allocate, this can be a huge time saver.
Allocate allows you to choose a single person to give the Visit to, but the system will not trigger the score based list if you select several Visits at once. Instead, you can manually search for the individual by typing the name of the Worker in the search box.