Ad Hoc Shifts
Adding extra Shifts into a Worker’s schedule is often useful when they are picking up overtime. It makes allocation much easier as the Worker is then shown as Available. To do this, we need to add an ad hoc Shift, one that did not appear because it was in their weekly pattern.
This process can also be used to add Holiday or Sickness into the Rota. Adding Shifts where the Worker is Unavailable will cause any Visits they did have during that time to be Deallocated. Unavailable shifts will also stop the Preferred Worker being allocated automatically when the rota is booked.
- Navigate to Worker > Shift Planning, ensuring you have selected the relevant Worker
- The bottom section of the screen is where we add Ad Hoc occurrences, click New
- If you are simply looking to amend the details of a current Shift, e.g. to extend the time the worker is available, double click on the Shift you wish to change to view Properties
- Fill in the Details field and ensure the Shift Type you select corresponds with the reason you are adding a one off occurrence e.g. Holiday, Sickness.
- Ensure the correct Worker Contract is selected. This will dictate how the worker is paid given any absence or extra Visits attended
- Select the Start and End Times for the Shift.
- For Holiday and Sickness it is best to use full days 00:00 – 23:59. You may use the date field to stretch absence over several days if necessary. Should there happen to be any Shifts marked as Available in the time frame, the Unavailable Shift will always prevail
- Click OK to save the occurrence
Note: For Holiday and Sickness that lasts several days, you may enter the period as a block e.g. 00:00 on the first day to 23:59 on the last.
Unavailability always trumps availability in the system, so you may add Holiday or Sickness over the top of existing Shifts to have them deallocate.