Creating New Worker Contracts
Those who have looked at the previous article on Creating Pay and Charge rates will remember that there is a hierarchy in place when we talk about financials. Rates link to contracts, contracts sit against individuals.
In this article we will look at creating Worker Contracts. We will assume that Pay Rates have already been completed.
- Navigate to Pay > Worker Contracts. For existing users a list of Worker Contracts will be displayed. These can be edited by double clicking on them. To create a new Worker Contract, click New
- Although every situation is different it is recommended that the Worker Contracts mirror the Pay Rates that you have. In other words if you have a Carer and a Senior Pay Rate, you will require a Carer and Senior Contract to go with them.
- Set a Name for your Contract. This can mirror your Pay Rate set although it is important that you can recognise this contract from other screens in the system.
- Also choose a Group from the dropdown. If non-specific you can choose any Group. The rest of the information on the page can be ignored
- Use the tabs at the top of the properties box to select the ‘Pay’ tab
- Select the relevant Pay Rate set from the drop down. This connects the Rate and the Contract.
- Choose the Template as ‘By Visit’
- Ensure the Contract Start Date is before any dates of Visits that you wish to process using this contract. The specific date does not matter.
- Click OK and repeat for all Pay Rates until they all have matching Contracts. You are now ready to attach these to workers.
The Template refers to the way Pay Advice prints out when completed. By Visit means that each visit is listed alongside the corresponding pay. This level of detail is recommended as it will be very clear to staff exactly what they are being paid for.