Adding Training Requirements to Tasks
Another useful aspect when it comes to Training records in the system is the fact that it gives you the ability to specify Worker Training that needs to be completed and in date in order for Workers to be rostered to certain Visits.
The way this works is that Visits can contain things called Tasks. These are activities that you expect to be completed during the Visit. If you have the Mobile Care Worker App (more on that in later articles!) you will be able to ‘tick off’ these listed activities one by one to show they are complete.
Although all Tasks can be configured to represent what the user wants, some popular examples of Tasks include ‘Get up’, ‘Meal Prep’ and ‘Give Medication’. Of those listed ‘Get up’ may require Moving and Handling Training, and ‘Give Medication’ will certainly require Medication Training. The system offers a safeguard, ensuring that any worker allocated to the Visit must have the relevant training in place
- In order to set the list of Tasks that are able to be selected within Visits, navigate to Bookings > Work with Tasks. A list of available Tasks is displayed. To edit a current Task you may double click on it, or click New in the bottom right to create a new Task
- Enter the name of the Task, such as ‘Give Medication’
- Select a Task Category from the dropdown. This details which type of Task you are wishing to create. Note that you can edit this Category list in Settings > Categories > Task Categories Tab
- You can set a default duration for the Task should you wish. This is designed so too many Task cannot be packed into a Visits that simply isn’t long enough to accommodate them. If you are unsure of this, leave the durations as 00:00
- Click the Capabilities Tab. This is where you can add the Training that the Worker must have in place in order to be allocated to a Visit that contains this Task
- Right click in the window and select Add. A list of all training will be displayed. Choose the training from the list. Repeat if necessary.
Note: In order to make sure that the above functionality performs correctly, please ensure that Worker Capabilities are included in Rostering Checks. These are system items that are considered when attempting to search for a suitable worker. For more on Rostering Checks please see the relevant article in the Additional Settings section, but the quick version is that you will need to navigate to Settings > Rostering Checks, click Add in the top half of the screen and select WorkerCapabilites from the list of possible checks. Ensure the weight is at least 1.