Adding Training Records to Workers
Training is an essential part of a Worker’s record. In the sector, Workers need the correct Training, Skills and Capabilities in order to safely care for individuals, comply with CQC regulation and do their jobs effectively.
The system provides a place to store a Worker’s training records. It can alert and remind selected users as to expiry dates to help ensure that everyone’s records are up to date.
- Navigate to Worker > Skills and Capabilities, a list of current Capabilities is displayed
- Click Add and select the Capability you wish to add to the Worker’s record by Double Clicking or using the Select button, filtering by Category should you so wish
- If a piece of training isn’t on the list, use the New button in the bottom right of the Properties box to allow you to add a new entry
- When you select a piece of training to record, enter any Details and select Start and End Dates for the duration of the Capability
- Relevant staff will be alerted when the Capability is close to expiry. This relies on Actions and Alerts being set up correctly, which will be discussed in a future article
- Attach a scanned copy of any documentation by choosing the Attach New Document button
- Repeat this process for all pieces of training
- When it comes to refreshing records, ensure that you do not simply amend the current information as this will amend the historical records. Ensure you create a new record for each piece of refreshed training. You can use the Score field to identify new pieces of training at a glance, moving the score up 1 digit every time training is refreshed.
Note: You can also amend, add and remove courses and skills from the Capabilities screen under Settings. Navigate to Settings > Categories > Capabilities tab at the top of the screen. Use the Add and Remove buttons to amend the list, or double click on an entry to amend any properties.