Attaching Contracts to Clients
No matter whether you have created Private or Local Authority Contracts, they will be attached to the Client in the same way. Unlike Workers, the Contract is not attached to the individual via their Financial screen, but via the Care Plan Planning Screen. This screen is split into 2 halves. The top half is for adding the Contract, the bottom half is for planning the care associated with that Contract. For now we will just look at attaching the Contract.
- Navigate to Clients > Care Plan Planning
- The top half of the screen is where we add Contracts Associated with the Client. If the Client has several Contracts, we will add each of them
- Click New under the top half of the screen. Avoid the Wizard button at this stage
- Enter a Name for the Contract
- Enter a Start Date for the Contract. This can be the Client’s start date if adding in new Clients later down the line, or simply a date in the past for new projects looking to enter data quickly
- You will note the name of the Client is entered automatically from the Client’s profile
- Select the relevant Contract from the dropdown (e.g. Private or Local Authority)
- Select a Group from the dropdown, if non-specific any Group will suffice
- Click Ok and repeat for all Contracts you with to apply to the Client.
Note: Care planned against the Client will be associated with these Contracts, which you can Invoice separately. We will look at how the change the Contract of a specific Visit ad hoc in the ‘Manipulation of Contracts and Visits’ article in the Live Rostering section.