Private Client Contracts and Private Billing Addresses
Just as with Workers, Clients also need their Rate Sets attaching to a Contract, and these Contracts attaching to an individual. However, due to the nature of billing this comes with a number of small connotations due to the fact that some Contracts will be Private and some will be related to a local authority. This article will look at Private Billing and Private Contracts.
- Assuming that the Private Charge Rate has been created already, navigate to Organisation > Contracts. This is where we will want to create a list of all Client Contracts on the system, one of which will be Private. Just like with Worker Contracts, you will want to ensure the list of Contracts mirrors the list of Rates if at all possible
- Click New at the bottom of the screen. Enter a Name for the Contract (e.g. Private) and select a Group. If non-specific, any Group will suffice.
- Click the ‘Billing’ Tab at the top of the window.
- Working from the bottom up, use the Billing Rate Set dropdown to choose your Private rate from the list
- Choose ‘Private Client A’ as the Invoice Template. This relates to the way the Invoice is printed. Private Client A. B, C etc. are all slightly different templates, but all relate to Private Client in that it is their name and address (found in their General Details screen) that will be printed on the top. You will note that the act of choosing any template with ‘Private Client’ in it will remove the ability to select an Organisation Contact towards the top of the window.
- If you have a Client that is on a Private Rate, but the Invoice itself is not sent to them and perhaps to a close family member instead, then the system caters for this. Navigate to Clients > Financial and note the option at the top of the screen. There are two radio buttons: ‘Invoice the Client for Private Billing Contracts’ and ‘Invoice the Private Billing Contact Below’. The former will print the Client’s name and address on the Invoice, the latter will print the Contact you choose. Use this radio button, then click the Private Billing Contact button which becomes available. A list of Contacts already entered against the Client is displayed for you to select, or you can click New to add a new Contact from here.
Note: The exact template for the Invoice can easily be changed at a later date. For now, the main concern is ensuring that for Private Clients the Invoice Template is set to Private Client of some description.