Creating Worker and Client Records
In a previous article section, we looked at creating Worker and Client Contracts. However, the creation of a Worker or Client Record needs to be completed before any kind of Contract can be attributed to them.
This article will discuss the creation of both Worker records, although it could be attributed to Clients as well as they are both very similar. The Client records have less information to complete as they do not work for you and no HR information is required
- Navigate to either Worker > Browse or Client > Browse
- It is recommended that you perform a quick check to ensure that the record you are about to enter is not already present. To do this use the search box at the bottom of the screen
- The filter at the top of the screen can be used to only show certain types of records, such as just the active workers. For this job ensure the correct filter is in place when checking to see if there is a record already present. This process is to maintain system integrity
- Click New, you will be presented with a blank General Details screen
- Enter all the information that you have about the Worker or Client
- Ensure that an appropriate Group and Category is selected as this will impact on rostering and reporting
- Pinpoint an address by clicking the View map/Pinpoint button. This will allow you to confirm the exact location and allow you to use this for mileage and travel calculations
- You may wish to swap the ‘Home’ and ‘Mobile’ contact number fields if you wish the primary number to be a mobile, use the dropdown to change the field name
- Set the Status field to an appropriate setting, ensuring that you appreciate the impact on rostering
- Active allows the worker or client to be entered for rostering
- Inactive should be used when you want to withhold them from the roster, perhaps because of things like long term sickness, respite, maternity leave or simply because they are not ready to be rostered yet even though you want to enter their details now
- Finished means the person has left and will not return
- The Alerts field will allow to enter any relevant typed notes. These will trigger a yellow warning triangle to appear wherever the Worker or Clients name is mentioned. Hovering over the triangle wherever you are in the system will display whatever is typed in the Alerts box
- For Workers, click the Photo ID Tab to enable you to add a photo to the record and use it to print ID badges under the ‘Reports’ section. For Clients a photo can be added by going back to the Browse screen and double clicking on the blank space to the left of the Client’s name and address
- Click the Worker Checklist tab to enter details relevant to a Worker’s recruitment. This is the same list configured in the first article in this section. Right click to select a Date Applied for or a Date Completed. Double clicking will show you properties but not allow you to edit them
- Repeat the process to add basic records for all relevant Workers that you wish to add at this stage.
Note: The above allows for the creation of a basic Worker or Client record. Other information, for example Language or Religion information, is relatively self-explanatory and can be completed if necessary.