Booking the Rota
When the Care Plan Planning for a Client has been completed, you will have a ‘master plan’ of visits. This plan contains all the information about when Visits occur and who the Preferred Worker is, but this plan has not been turned into actual Visits as yet. To do this, we perform a process called Booking. This takes the Carer Availability and the Visits in the Care Plan and creates a Visit Schedule for actual dates entered based on the information entered. This is where Carer’s Availability and Client Visits stop being a plan and are entered into actual dates and times. Any Preferred Workers will be allocated automatically as long as they remain available and aren’t, for example, on holiday.
In other words, the information in the Shift and Care Plans is ‘stamped’, ‘printed’, ‘copied’ or ‘transferred’ into a real schedule during this process.
- To book the rota Navigate to Bookings > Book Visits.
- Select the Groups you wish to book for. This may be necessary if you have a certain setup whereby Groups may be configured as different parts of your business which may not all require booking at the same time. If not, leave this as All
- Enter the date you wish to Book up to
- Ensure that Book/Generate Shifts and Book/Generate Visits are both ticked (this is the default)
- Click the Create Visits button. This will create all the necessary Shifts and Visits up to the date you have selected.
- If you have a lot of entries to Book, this may take a short time. Progress is shown on screen
- When the process is complete all Visits with be in the Schedule
Note: It is important that this process is followed carefully and that you are sure the information in the Shift and Visit Plans is correct before Booking. Although possible, this process and only be fully undone by contacting the Support Team as it requires the use of a script.