A Visit in the system must be Confirmed in order for it to be reported as done. Confirming a Visit also prepares the Visit for payroll and for invoicing. Only Confirmed Visits can be processed for these.
There are 4 ways a Visit can be Confirmed
- Visit is Confirmed Manually
- Visit is Confirmed with an Exception
- Visit is Confirmed and Edited
- Visit is Confirmed by Mobile Care worker application
Of these, Exceptions are important as they can affect the pay and charge for the Visit. We looked at the creation of Exceptions in a previous article.
If you remember, the Exceptions were a list of configurable codes for use when we want to record that a Visit did not happen as expected. Some examples were Cancelled with Notice, Cancelled with No Notice, Client Hospitalised and Refused Entry. These may have had different impacts on Pay and Charging for the Visit
- To Confirm a Visit Manually, right click on a Visit and click Confirm. The Visit goes green and the Planned Time of the Visit is taken as the Actual Time for timesheet purposes
- To Confirm with an Exception, right click on a Visit and hover over Confirm with Exception. A list of configured Exceptions is displayed for you to choose from. The Visit goes light green and the desired impact on pay and charging will take place
- To Confirm and Edit means that although you want to manually Confirm the Visit, you wish to amend the Actual Time for timesheet purposes. Right click on the Visit and select Confirm and Edit. Amend any details and click Ok
- A Visit is Confirmed automatically by the Mobile Care Worker application if the Worker logs in and out of Visits within the specified tolerances. If this is the case the Visit will go green automatically and the Actual Times they logged in and out are recorded. To view these open the Visit Properties and view the Timesheet Tab
Note: Any Confirmation can be undone by right clicking on the Visit and choosing Unconfirm. Be aware that Unconfirming Visits that contain Actual Times will remove these times.