Mobile Care Worker (MCW) is the name given to iCareHealth’s mobile phone application used for monitoring attendance and showing Workers their rotas, as well as displaying information about the Clients that the Worker may need to have on hand. One example would be their assessments or Emergency Contact information.
There are several areas involved in the setup of Mobile Care Worker which we will look at in this article.
Mobile Care Worker allows you to control what are deemed as acceptable parameters to delivering care, in terms of where and when a worker can log into the Visits via their device. Mobile also ensures that workers always have the most up to date information to hand. As long as you have published the rotas for the time period they will automatically updated and new data sent to their mobile device should any changes to the rota occur.
Create a Mobile Worker
- Navigate to Mobile > Mobile Workers, a list of current workers held in the system is displayed, split into those who have already been assigned as a Mobile Worker and those who have not
- Select the name of the worker you wish assign as a Mobile Worker, using the filter at the top of the screen if necessary. Click Create
- Enter a Username and Password that the worker will use to log into their mobile device. Ensure you adhere to internal naming conventions. Click OK
- A small icon resembling a person now appears beside a worker’s name when viewing their general details. When this is coloured green it denotes that the worker in currently active on a Shift
- Navigate to Mobile > Settings. This screen allows you to select;
- If you will allow workers to log in early or late
- If you will allow Visits to take place in any order or limit to the order specified in the rota
- Publish and Re-Publish Workers, Schedules and Global Settings
- Select which information about Clients is displayed alongside the Visit
- Select which assessment are provided
- (Under the Publish Settings Tab) - Select which Shift Types and Exceptions are published
- Navigate to Mobile > Tolerance Settings. Use this screen to help you control which Visits are automatically confirmed and when alerts are raised within the system
- Timeframes for automatic confirmation of Visits and Shifts
- Choose to use the slide rules within each particular Visit for raising alerts or choose from the rules held within the Visit Type
- Select which types of alerts are raised
Publishing a Rota
- Once you are happy with the rota for a particular period navigate to Bookings > Book Visits
- Click Publish Schedules and select the date you wish to publish up to as well as the Groups you wish to publish for
- Click Publish, the data contained in the rota will now be sent to the mobile devices of the workers allocated to the Visits
- Any further changes for the period selected will be sent automatically
Note: Remember that for any Visits to be shown on MCW they will first need to be published. This can be done on a scheduled basis if you like, removing the manual process of publishing periodically. See the article on Scheduled Tasks for more information around this.
Within the Mobile Settings there is an option to notify workers when there has been a change to their rota. This is an extremely good idea as it ensures that they are always aware of what care they are required to provide. You may wish to think about how far ahead you want this to apply though, as you will require the freedom to amend future rotas without sending out alerts for every small change you make, particularly during holiday periods.