Creating New Users
Once the system has been configured to your liking, the next stage is to create new system users.
Adding new users is the process of creating new login accounts for your staff members to use. It is recommended that each staff member have their own login credentials for audit purposes. The creation of these credentials is one of the first tasks for new Business Manager projects, and remains an essential part of the knowledge base going forward.
Each login can have different security settings in terms of the parts of the system which are viewable and editable for the individual, which will be discussed in more detail in the next article.
- Once logged into the system (using supplied credentials if a new project), navigate to Settings > Security
- To create a new user, click the New button in the top right corner. To amend the credentials of an existing user use the drop down at the top of the screen to select their name, right click on their name and select Properties
- Name: Type the name of the user you want to use as the login username. This entry also appears in the Current User dropdown, so you may wish to ensure that the user is easily identifiable by this name
- Enabled: Ensure this box is ticked for active users of the system
- Supervisor: Tick this box if you wish the user to have administration privileges
- Group: Select the Groups you wish the user to have access to. If records belong to Groups not selected here, they will not be viewable to the user
- Change Password: Click this button to set a password for the user. If left blank or this step is ignored the user will have no set password and be able to gain access to the system using just their username. There are no passwords restrictions or dependencies in the system.
- Users can be trained to set their own password at a later date by first logging into the system, then using the ‘Logged in as [User]’ dropdown in the bottom right of the screen, then selecting ‘Change Password’
- Click Ok to create the user account.
- You will be prompted to select the User Permission for the account.
Note: Supervisor Users have a number of unique characteristics. They are able to action Overrides on the system where certain exclusions or clashes are in place, are able to amend the credentials of others and certain system filters may not apply to them. They also have access to be able to change a number of different background settings. It is recommended most users are NOT configured as a Supervisor user.