Local Authority Contracts and Billing Addresses
Just as with Workers, Clients also need their Rate Sets attaching to a Contract, and these Contracts attaching to an individual. However, due to the nature of billing this comes with a number of small connotations due to the fact that some Contracts will be Private and some will be related to a Local Authority. This article will look at Local Authority and Organisational Billing. The system allows you to enter what are known as Organisational Contacts for the people/places you send your Invoices to. These will print out on the top of the Invoice ready for you to send.
- The first step here is to add in the Contact information for the places and people to which your invoices are sent. Navigate to Contacts > Organisations.
- Click New to add a new Contact. Enter a Name for the Contact (e.g. Sussex County Council) as well as a Category and Group from the dropdown lists.
- Click the Contacts Tab and Click Add. A list of all Contacts already in the system is displayed. Click New to enter a new one.
- Enter the Billing Address of the Local Authority, using the Name field as the building name if necessary. Just enter it as you would want to see it on an Invoice. Use Finance Officer as the Category. Click Ok to save this information, then click Select to add in the Contact to the record. This is now complete and we can create the Local Authority Contract.
- Assuming that the Local Authority Charge Rate has been created already, navigate to Organisation > Contracts. This is where we will want to create a list of all Client Contracts on the system, including those related to various Local Authorities. Just like with Worker Contracts, you will want to ensure the list of Contracts mirrors the list of Rates if at all possible
- Click New at the bottom of the screen. Enter a Name for the Contract (e.g. Sussex Rates) and select a Group. If non-specific, any Group will suffice.
- Enter the Organisation and the Contact you created above into the dropdown lists.
- Click the Billing Tab at the top of the window.
- Working from the bottom up, use the Billing Rate Set dropdown to choose your Local Authority rate from the list
- Choose ‘Single Client A’ as the Invoice Template. This relates to the way the Invoice is printed. Single Client A. B, C etc. are all slightly different templates, but all are set to print Organisation Contact information on the top of the invoice
- Select the Contact under ‘Invoices are sent to the organisation’ as the Contact you want the Invoices to be sent to.
- Click OK to complete the Contract
Note: The exact template for the Invoice can easily be changed at a later date. For now, the main concern is ensuring that for Local Authority Clients the Invoice Template is set to Single Client of some description.