Administering Homely Remedies
A homely remedy is a non-prescription medicine that is available over the counter in community pharmacies. They can be used in a care home (with and without nursing) for the short-term management of minor, self-limiting conditions, e.g. headache, cold symptoms, cough, mild diarrhoea, occasional pain. You already knew that though.
- From the Home Screen, click Med Round
- Select the relevant med round
- Click on the relevant resident
- Click on Add Other Items at the bottom of the screen.
- This opens the list of active Stock Items (Homely Remedies)
- Tick the box of the homely remedy you are administering
- Click OK
- This will create a new one-off tile for the Homely Remedy and it will be ticked automatically ready for administration
- Click Next and follow the standard administration process and record the administration of the Homely Remedy