Version Available From: The Beginning
There may be the occasion where you want to mark Visits as being dealt with, but perhaps not in the way that you expected. Some circumstance include Cancelled Visits, both short term and long term, Client Hospitalisations or where entry is Refused.
In all these circumstances the Visit did not actually take place, but you would not want to remove them from the Schedule due to recording purposes, and regardless of that you will want to record exactly why the Visit did not take place.
This is where Exceptions come in. Exceptions are a configurable list of special Confirmation codes which also allow you to choose where the circumstance is still Chargeable or Payable. The list of Exception is easily accessible from the Visit Schedule by right clicking on a Visit. We will look at the use of Exceptions more in a future article.
- Navigate to Pay > Exceptions. The same screen can be accessed under Invoicing > Exceptions
- A list of current Exceptions is displayed, including information about whether the circumstance is Chargeable and/or Payable etc.
- Click New
- Enter the Name and Description of the Exception
- A naming convention that details whether the Exception will still pay/invoice for the visit will be very useful in screens such as Work with Visits
- Use internal policy to decide whether the Exception will be Chargeable and/or Payable and check the appropriate boxes
- If the Exception is a Cancellation, check the box as it will allow the worker to be rostered to another visit and allow the visit to show as a cancellation when reporting
- Enter the percentage of the visit your company policy dictates you pay and charge for.
- Unchecking the Use Percentages field will allow you to set the Duration of time you want to Pay/Charge for instead
- Click OK to save the Exception.
- It will now appear on the Work with Visits screen when you Right Click on a Visit and hover over Confirm with Exception
Note: Exceptions are used to mark Visits that did not, or will not, happen normally. You are able to cancel visits that may take place over the coming days and also able to mark accurately why Visits did not take place.
It is good practice to always deallocate the worker from Visits that are cancelled as this will make them Available to go elsewhere and make the best use of their time.