Version Available From: The Beginning
The History section is designed to record all information regarding staff or clients that a system user becomes aware of. This way there is a fully auditable record of every incident and phone call which you can rely on should circumstances arise where you have to account for operational events. Entering History events is likely to have a strong focus for your organisation
- Navigate to either Client, Worker or Location > History
- A list of current History items is displayed, including which date it was added and the user who created the record
- Click New, a menu appears containing possible Event Categories that you can enter against this type of record
- Hover over the desired Event Category, another menu with specific Event Types Choose the option that is the best fit for recording the information that you have
- This choice will be defined by real life events. It is advised that co-ordination staff familiarise themselves with these options in order to make quick and accurate records
- Enter the Event Properties. There is a free text box next to the Description field where users can type as much as they like regarding the event, as well as copy and paste entries.
- Ensure that this is written in such a way that other members of staff and managers have enough information about the event to understand it just by reading this section
- Enter the other Event Properties from the dropdowns, which alter slightly depending upon what type of event you wish to record. For example, if the event is regarding a visit the system will require the date and include a field to enter the worker or client against the event
- Use the Attach New Document button to add a file e.g. a scanned image or report against the record
- To add new Event Types that you can choose from the menu, navigate to Settings > Categories and click the Event Categories Tab
- Select the type of event you want to create and click New
- Enter the Event Type Properties and select which dropdown fields will be required when a user chooses to add an event of this type
- Click OK to save the History Event Type.
Note: The History section of the system can be a very efficient and powerful way of recording all types of organisational activity. However, it is only as powerful as its weakest link. Assure that all system users are confident and comfortable with adding History events.