Scanning New Barcodes In Manually
Every once in a while you might find yourself in a situation where you will have to reject the new data sent from your pharmacy. This can be for a variety of reasons, but performing this action will cause you to lose the ability to use your barcode scanner. Here's how you can scan the barcode into your existing medication and continue using the barcode scanner!
Note: If you do not use the barcoding capability built into the application then the information contained within this article is not relevant.
- From the Home screen, click Residents/Orders
- Select the appropriate resident
- Select the appropriate medication
- Click on the Everything Tab
- Click into the Bar Codes: entry field and scan the dispensing label of the medication
- A new barcode will be added to the front of the list
- Click Save
Note: The barcode will not be saved against the medication automatically. Please remember to save prior to exiting this screen.