Administration Warning Override Auditing
Available From: Medication Management version 4.4
When configuring an Order, you can apply:
- The minimum and maximum number of doses that can be administered in a single administration
- The maximum number of administrations that can be given within a 24 period
- The minimum wait time between administration
During the Med Round, if a member of the team is going to breach one of these tolerances, they are warned, but can override and continue to administer the medication.
From 4.4 you can now apply a setting that will ask a member of the team to add a note as to why they have overridden the warning as to ensure careful consideration has been given to the reason why.
Enabling The Setting
- Click Admin Options
- Select Settings and click Care Home Settings
- Click the Med Round Cutomisation tab
- Enable Prompt For Reason When Exceeding Parameters
- Click Save (tick icon)
During A Med Round
Once the above setting has been enabled, any override that is made to a warning will request a reason to be added.